I actually like stuffed mushrooms better than stuffed peppers. However, I haven’t been able to find a good local mushroom guy in this town. I really miss my old mushroom guy. Fresh grown mushrooms just taste so much better than the store ones. But anyway, I decided to channel my desire for something stuffed into this sausage stuffed peppers.
RECIPE: Sausage Stuffed Peppers
Makes 3 Servings
Oven set to 400
Cast iron pan
Homemade Italian Sausage
3 Medium Green Peppers
1) Cut the tops off three green peppers and remove the seeds and insides.
2) Put the peppers standing up in a baking pan and place in the hot oven for 15-25 minutes or until soft.
3) Begin browning the sausage in a cast iron pan.
4) Roughly chop up the tomatoes and add them to the cooking sausage.
5) Slice some mozzarella.
6) Fill the cooked peppers with the sausage and tomato mixture, and then top with the mozzarella.
7) Place back in the oven until the cheese melts.