With our homemade Habanero mustard and the spicy pickles finally ready for consumption, my husband can not get enough of these toasty sandwiches! This is a really simple dinner and you after a long day at the office is minimal effort for a great reward.
RECIPE: Toasty Sandwich
Makes 3 Servings
Cast iron pan
Whole Wheat Bread
Spicy Pickle Slices
1) Prepare the sandwich makings by slicing the extra sharp cheddar cheese and creating 1 ounce stacks of smoked ham.
2) Take six slices of whole wheat bread and spread butter on one side of each slice.
3) On the other side of three of the slices, spread a thick layer of habanero mustard.
4) Place the butter side down in a cast iron pan warmed over medium heat.
5) On top of the habanero mustard, layer the ham, pickle slices, and cheddar cheese, before placing a side of buttered bread on top, butter facing out.
6) After the sandwich toasts on one side, flip and brown the other side.