I decided to make a healthier version of my usual garbage potatoes. This completely baked dish is just as delicious and pizza themed! Great flavor combinations and still easy to eat like regular garbage fries.
RECIPE: Pizza Potato Rounds
Makes 4 Servings
Cast iron pans
Oven set to 350
1) Cut the red potatoes into round slices and lay them down in circles inside a cast iron pan.
2) In another cast iron pan, begin cooking up the sausage.
3) Sprinkle the potatoes with a small drizzle of avocado oil and then bake for about 5-10 minutes.
4) While the potatoes bake, chop up the tomatoes, slice the banana peppers, and shred the mozzarella cheese.
5) Remove the potatoes from the oven. Top with a layer of tomatoes, then mozzarella cheese, then banana peppers, and finally some Italian sausage.
6) Sprinkle liberally with basil before putting bake in the oven.
7) Bake until all the cheese melts and then serve as is.
I absolutely adored this dinner. It was full of vegetables, flavor, and homemade sausage!