Who doesn’t love squash? With the summer harvests coming to a close, I wanted to celebrate the wonderful flavors of squash and zucchini. It would have been much more enjoyable if it was fall harvest weather, but for some reason its still in the 80’s and 90’s around here.
RECIPE: Squash Trio Casserole
Makes 6 Servings
Cast iron pan
Oven set to 350
Glass Baking Dish
Patty Pan Squash
1) In a cast iron pan, begin melting a pad of butter over low heat.
2) First chop up the patty pan squash and add it to the pan. Then do the same with the zucchini and yellow squash.
3) Stir the squash medley together and let it cook while you dice up an onion.
4) Cook until the squash and onion is tender and then pour it into a glass baking dish.
5) Add a scoop of sour cream, about 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese, lots of garlic powder, and a hearty dose of black pepper.
6) Stir the mixture until the squash is evenly coated.
7) Crush up a sleeve of Ritz crackers and sprinkle them over the entire casserole.
8) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until it is hot throughout.
We were going to have a protein along with this for dinner, but we ended up just having the casserole for the main course instead! You can see that my husband helped himself to some before I even had time to take a picture! Between the three types of squash, it was chock full of flavor. It also reheated well for lunches.