I really want it to be fall! The weather tricked me with one cool week before going back up into the high 80’s low 90’s. While I can’t bake my favorite autumn treats when I am still in ice cream temperatures, I can make some cupcakes with autumn themed colors!
RECIPE: I wish it was Fall Cupcakes
Makes A Dozen
Oven set to 375 degrees
1 1/4 Cup Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
1/3 Cup Margarine
1 Cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2/4 Cup Milk
Food Coloring (Optional)
1) In a mixing bowl, combine margarine, sugar, and vanilla until it beats together.
2) Beat in the milk and eggs.
3) Slowly add in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4) Add in orange food coloring if desired to make it feel more fall in style.
5) Put cupcake liners in the muffin tin and fill each cup about two thirds of the way full.
6) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until down.
7) Frosting options for these cupcakes range from peanut butter to vanilla to yogurt toffee.
Peanut butter frosting that is dolloped on top in a careless, I just want to eat you, fashion.
Vanilla cream frosting piped on to the top of the cupcake for a fancier affect!
This frosting is a toffee yogurt frosting that I tried out for something different!