When people think of breakfast for dinner, they probably think of pancakes or cereal. For me, I really wanted a nice big breakfast. I’m talking about eggs, potatoes, etc. Of course, it was right after work and I was starving, so this recipe has a couple cheats. For instance, I figured out a way to make smashed breakfast potatoes using a microwave.
RECIPE: Breakfast for Dinner: Wrap Edition
Makes 2 Servings
Cast iron pan
Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Whole Wheat Tortillas
1) Chop up the onion and green pepper and throw it into a cast iron pan.
2) Season the onion and green pepper with a touch of ground black pepper.
3) Microwave the red potatoes in a bowl for 4-5 minutes or until they are baked through.
4) Take the potatoes and place them in another cast iron pan.
5) Crack a few eggs into the bowl, scramble them, and pour them over the peppers and onions.
6) Add some butter to the potatoes and smash them.
7) Scramble the eggs, and as the potatoes brown make sure to stir them.
8) Slice the cheddar cheese.
9) In a warm cast iron pan, lay down a tortilla and place cheddar cheese down the center.
10) Scoop some of the eggs on to the tortilla as the cheddar cheese melts.
11) Wrap the tortilla and serve it with the crispy breakfast potatoes and bowl of apple sauce!