I can’t call this a grilled cheese, because the ratio of vegetables to cheese definitely favors the vegetables! This sandwich is a nice way to enjoy the last few weeks of fresh summer protest!
RECIPE: Grilled Veggie Sandwich
Makes 2 Sandwiches
Cast iron pan
Pepper Jack CHeese
4 Slices Whole Wheat Bread
1) Thinly cut the tomatoes and green peppers into slices.
2) Slice up some pepper jack cheese.
3) Use the knife to butter one side of each slice of bread.
4) Spread habanero mustard on the inside of 2 slices of bread.
5) Place the bread with the mustard butter side down in the hot cast iron pan.
6) Stack tomato and then the green peppers on top of the mustard.
7) Lay down the cheese on top, and then cover with another slice of bread butter-side up.
8) When the bottom slice of bread is browned, use the spatula to flip the sandwich.
9) Serve the sandwich onces both sides are toasted with pickles on the side.