I like to experiment, but it doesn’t always work out as perfectly as I hope. I have been having fun just snacking on dried banana peppers. They are surprisingly tasty! I know I will be using in soups, stews, and chili this winter, but I wanted to see how dried peppers worked on pizza.
It’s still too hot to bake actual pizza dough, so I cheated and made more tortilla pizzas!
RECIPE: Dried Pepper Pizza Experiment
Makes 4 Servings
Oven set to Broil
1) Place the tortillas on a baking sheet evenly spaced out.
2) Shred half a block of mozzarella.
3) Chop up the garlic scape and green onion into little pieces. Slice up some fresh basil leaves.
4) Spoon sauce over the tortillas, sprinkle it with mozzarella.
5) Top it with garlic scapes, dried banana peppers, green onion, and fresh basil.
6) Put in the oven under the broiler until the cheese melts and browns.
The dried peppers crunched up a little too much, I think they would have done better hidden under the cheese. Then they would have not crunched up as much and you would have hidden delicious pepper bites!