One of the things I love about tacos, is how you can customize the toppings to fit your tastes. The downside is its sometimes hard to fit all the layers that you want in it. My husband challenged me to make it an all in one taco, with almost all the layers cooked together, but as a vegetarian version. Challenge accepted, and the result was good.
RECIPE: All in One Taco
Makes 8 Servings
Cast iron pan
1) Chop the green onion, regular onion, garlic, and jalapenos into the cast iron pan.
2) Drain the black beans and stir them into the vegetables.
3) Season with cilantro, cumin, chili powder, onion, powder, and garlic powder.
4) Chop up a green tomato and toss it in the mix.
5) Slice some cheddar cheese real thin.
6) Fill the warmed tortillas with the filling, top with cheese, and then top with a bit of salsa.