I have been canning up a storm. Its the consequence of being given over 20 lbs of cucumbers on top of all the produce already purchased for canning! No complaints here because now I have a years supply of relish and pickles put up! I will post some of my pickle recipes another night, but here is my hot pepper relish!
RECIPE: Hot Pepper Relish
Makes 7 Pints
Hot water canner
5 Cups Jalapeno
5 Cups Banana Peppers
1 1/2 Cups Onion
2 1/2 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Cups Sugar
4 teaspoons Sea Salt
4 teaspoons Mustard Seeds
1) Remove the stems from the peppers, but keep all the seeds!
2) Process each type of pepper separately in the food processor. Use a spatula to move the processed peppers to a measuring cup and then into the large pot on the stove.
3) Remove the skins from the onion and process just like the peppers.
4) Measure the vinegar, sugar, salt, and mustard seed and add it into the pot.
5) Sterilize and heat your jars in a pot of boiling water.
6) Bring the pepper mixture to a boil. and stir occasionally for 30 minutes.
7) Fill the jars and leaving 1/2 inch head space.
8) Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water canner.
9) Remove the jars and let sit until cool before checking to make sure the lids are sealed.