With tomatoes in season at the farmer’s market, and my garden over growing with basil, it was time to make some tomato salad! This recipe is inspired by bruschetta, but with my own twist on it.
RECIPE: Tomato Salad
Makes 6-8 Servings
Spoon or Spatula
1) Chop up lots of basil fresh from the garden or where ever you can find fresh basil. Put it in the bowl.
2) Chop up half an onion and add it to the bowl.
3) Core and deseed the tomatoes before chopping them into pieces. Lay these on top of the onion in the bowl.
4) Chop up some onion greens or late summer scallions.
5) Chop up about 4 ounces of mozzarella cheese into skinny little pieces.
6) Drizzle the bowl with balsamic vinegar.
7) Stir the mixture until all the layers are equally distributed throughout the salad.
8) Serve it as a side, as a light meal, or as an appetizer.