One pot meals are all the rage on many cooking and magazine websites. I like one pot meals because they require little cleaning, and its less sources of heat when its hot outside. Seriously, I cannot wait for this heat warning/advisory to go away!
RECIPE: Spicy Beef Bowl
Makes 3 Servings
Pepper Jack Cheese
1) Begin cooking the ground beef in a hot cast iron pan.
2) Chop up the garlic scapes.
3) Pour the beer over the cooking meat, and then add garlic scapes, hot peppers, and tomato paste.
4) Stir and continue cooking while seasoning with spices.
5) Chop up the carrot greens and add them to the mixture right before servings.
6) Slice up the pepper jack cheese and serve it over the bowls of beef mixture if desired.
I have really found a love for carrot greens in my cooking. They have a unique, bold flavor that brings a freshness to dishes.