We had a working lunch at work, and one of my coworkers requested that I bring in the dessert. So I made something with chocolate and peanut butter to make the endless meeting not seem so bad. They were much appreciated, and despite there being 12 cupcakes and only 5 people at the meeting, they all disappeared during lunch!
RECIPE: Brownie Cupcakes
Makes 12 Servings
Oven heated to 350
3/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Stick Margarine
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3/4 Cup Flour
1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
1) In a bowl, cream together the margarine, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
2) Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the mixture.
3) Mix in the milk until a thick batter is formed.
4) Scoop the batter into the lined tins and bake in the oven for 15 to 25 minutes or until done.
5) Let the cupcakes cool on a cooling rack.
6) In a mixer, combine a scoop of crisco, a scoop of powdered sugar, a splash of vanilla, and a small amount of powdered sugar.
7) Beat the frosting until fluffy. Taste and adjust ingredients until nice and peanut buttery and smooth.
8) Frost the cooled peanut butter cupcakes with a thin smear.
Not the fanciest frosting job, but when you bike to work, fancy frosting just end up looking terrible!