It is hotter outside than my internal body temperature. Honestly, it is so hot it makes me want to crawl out of the south back to the nice cool northern mountains. Unfortunately, I can’t do that and must bear out the summer. This means the oven is not being turned on. The challenge is, how do you meat a pizza craving, when you can’t bake it?
RECIPE: BQQ Chicken Pizza Cheat
Makes 3 Servings
Plastic Cutting Board
Cast iron pan
Corn on the Cob
1) Boil some water on the stove and drop the corn into it to start cooking.
2) Cut up the chicken on a plastic cutting board and begin cooking it in a cast iron pan.
3) Wash the knife and using the wooden cutting board, cut up the onion and garlic scape. The green peppers you can slice up for a nice vegetable side for dinner.
4) Grate the mozzarella cheese.
5) Add BBQ sauce to the cooked chicken and stir to combine.
6) On a tortilla, use a spoon to evenly spread out some BBQ sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese, BBQ chicken, onion, and garlic scape.
7) Place the tortilla into a warm cast iron pan and cover. Let “Bake” until the cheese melts and the bottom crisps.
8) Serve immediately. For the corn, combine butter and chili powder together and then spread over the warm corn on the cob.