My husband is all about the spicy food. You should see the hot sauce collection that takes up half a shelf in our kitchen. So it is no surprise that he is a fan of Jalapeno Poppers or rather Stuffed Jalapenos. Usually a pepper left whole and stuffed with cheese, these appetizers are common at sports bars and brewery pubs. To me, the ratio of cheese to pepper never seemed optimal. So here is my variation.
RECIPE: Jalapeno Bites
Feeds Two for Dinner, Many for Appetizers
Oven set to 375
A dozen or so Jalapenos
1) Add 1/2 to 3/4 of the block of cream cheese to the bowl.
2) Shred 1/4 to 1/2 of a block of cheddar cheese, add to the bowl.
3) Heavily sprinkle the mixture with garlic powder, and I mean heavily!
4) Put on gloves before you start handling the peppers.
5) Cut the tops of the jalapenos, and then slice down the center.
6) Remove the seeds and insides.
7) Lay the pepper halves out on a tray.
8) Use the gloved hands to mix together the cheeses and garlic until completely blended.
9) With a spoon, scoop bits of the cheese mixture into each pepper.
10) Place in the oven to bake until the cheese begins to melt and brown, about 15 minutes.
11) Serve warm! Good sides to go with it include vegetables and dip, buttered bread, and large glasses of milk!
Above is unbaked, and below is baked!