I love garlic. People always say that garlic makes bad date food, but if you both eat it then who cares! This recipe includes two kind of garlic: cloves and scapes. My only complaint about this meal, is it could have used a bit more garlic!
RECIPE: Garlic Bread and Garlic Zoodles
Dinner for Two
Oven set to broil
1) Finely chop up the garlic scape and onion. Add it to a bit of avocado oil in a warm cast iron pan.
2) Use the spiralizer to make noodles out of two average sized zucchinis.
3) In a bowl, add a scoop of butter.
4) Dice the cloves of garlic (3-4) and stir them into the butter. Let sit near the stove so the heat makes it a bit softened.
5) Add the zoodles to the garlic and onion in the pan and stir/toss to combine.
6) Slice the bread and spread thickly with the garlic butter.
7) Lay the bread on a baking sheet and put it under the broiler until brown and crispy, but not burned!
8) Chop up the basil and stir it into the zucchini noodles.
9) Serve the zucchini noodles with a sprinkling of mozzarella cheese on top.
I had garlic breath after this meal, but so did my husband so it all works out in the end.