It was finally a cold and rainy day! I decided I could finally turn on the stove and oven again, and what better meal to make than lasagna! The best part about lasagna is the leftovers! Though I did cheat and buy sauce from the store instead of making it from scratch!
RECIPE: Classic Lasagna
Makes 8 Servings
Oven heated to 350
Hot italian Sausage
Mushroom Tomato Sauce
1) Remove the meat from inside of the sausage casings and begin browning the meat in a pan.
2) In a bowl, begin mixing the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and two eggs. Sprinkle in oregano and basil.
3) In a mixer, kneed two eggs, a pinch of salt, and just enough flour to make a pasta dough.
4) Let the dough rest for a few minutes, while you pour the sauce over the meat and shred the mozzarella cheese.
5) Split the pasta into three pieces. Run each piece through the pasta roller two to three times to make it nice and long and thin.
6) In a baking dish, spoon down a thin layer of tomato sauce across the bottom of the pan.
7) Lay down noodles cut to the length of the pan.
8) Pour 1/3 of the sausage and tomato sauce mixture over the noodles. Spoon over a third of the ricotta mixture and then top with a third of mozzarella.
9) Lay down another layer of pasta and repeat until you use up all the material.
10) Bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until the top is browned around the edges.
11) Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.