This recipe starts with a confession, it did not turn out well. The reason being that the recipe I used called for way too much salt! I have written this recipe out with a much much lower salt level, but feel free to adjust it based on preferences. I think the spices were pretty spot on though! This recipe is written out per pound, but can be scaled up no problem!
RECIPE: Breakfast Sausage
Cast iron pan
1) Grind the pork through the grinder and into the bowl.
2) Add a teaspoon of salt, a hearty grinding of black pepper, 2 teaspoon sage, 2 teaspoon fennel, 1 teaspoon thyme, 3/4 teaspoon of rosemary, and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
3) Mix the meat and spices with your hands and then grind it again.
4) Heat up a cast iron pan. Form the sausage into loose patties and drop them into the pan.
5) Once the patties are browned on one side, flip, brown and serve.
You can use the grease left in the pan to make sausage gravy to pour over the patties.
These sausage go really well with biscuits. The leftover mixture can be refrigerated and cooked later or partially cooked and frozen.