I couldn’t decide if I wanted to make potato skins or garbage fries. It was a real conundrum. On one hand, potato skins are great, but they require double baking. While I really didn’t want to do fries, because I feel like I really need to cut down on the homemade fried food to like once a month a most! The result is these thick cut loaded potato slabs.
RECIPE: Loaded Potato Slabs
Makes 2-3 Servings
Oven set to 375
1) Thickly potatoes into long pieces.
2) Place the potatoes in a single layer in a pan and sprinkle with Worcester sauce.
3) Baking the potatoes for 30-40 minutes, until soft but still stable.
4) Chop the spring onions and slice the cheddar cheese.
5) Sprinkle the leftover vegetarian chili over the potatoes, layer with cheddar cheese, and sprinkle with lots of spring onions.
6) Place back into the oven until the chili heats up and the cheddar cheese melts.
7) Serve for appetizers or dinner!