I love rice. I used to be the kid who could sit there and eat a bowl of white rice happily. Unfortunately, when you work a desk job you have to be aware of the shear volume of calories that comes in a big bowl of rice! In my efforts to be healthy, I figured I would check out this concept of cauliflower rice. It is an acceptable substitute, but I still like regular rice better! The spicing in this recipe makes this a tasty dinner that is also filling.
RECIPE: Mexican Cauliflower Rice
Makes 3 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
1) Chop all the raw cauliflower in tiny rice size pieces, this may take a while.
2) Place all the cauliflower into a heated cast iron pan.
3) Stir the cauliflower as it toasts a bit.
4) Tun down the heat on the pan and pour in a can of diced tomatoes.
5) Season with paprika, cumin, chili powder, and a dash of cayenne.
6) Add about half a large can of pinto beans, or however many you like! Stir and let cook a while.
7) Chop up a spring onion and mix it in. Serve it soon after so that the onion keeps its fresh flavor and doesn’t cook too soft.
The result was a solid vegetarian meal that was very heavy on the veggie portion! While probably not a recipe I will make for me and my husband, I may pull it out when we have vegetarian or vegan friends over!