This is not your usual layer dip, and by the time we had walked to our friend’s house, it wasn’t much off a layered dip. But no matter if the layers hold or not, this is a delicious dip! The yogurt ranch with homemade bean puree makes this Mexican inspired dip like nothing you have ever tasted. You can add more of less hot peppers depending on your desired level of spice!
RECIPE: Layer Dip
Makes 2 Servings
Pepper Jack Cheese
1) Chop garlic and onion and start cooking it in a cast iron pan.
2) Once the onions and garlic are becoming translucent, drain and add a can of pinto beans.
3) Season with paprika, chili powder, and cumin.
4) In a bowl, combine plain yogurt, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and a dash of hot sauce. This will make a spicy yogurt ranch.
5) In a food processor, process the bean mixture until smooth.
6) Grate half a block of each kind of cheese.
7) In a baking dish, layer ranch, beans, tomatoes, cheese mix, hot peppers, and then repeat.
8) Once you get to the party, stick it in an oven until all warmed and the cheese is melted!
Consume this with tortilla chips or scoop it on top of a taco or burrito for a little extra fun. It is also a perfect companion dip for margaritas!