I have made pizza bites before, but I thought I would change it up this time. These pizza dippers are a nice snack or appetizer. They are a nice alternative to buying pizza bagels, mozzarella sticks, or other delicious appetizer options.
RECIPE: Pizza Dippers
Makes 4 Appetizer Servings
Cast iron pans
Oven heated to 375
Serving plate and bowl
1) Cut the mozzarella cheese into cubes.
2) Pinch off bits of dough large enough to wrap around the cheese.
3) Place the cheese filled ball dough into a cast iron pan.
4) Once the cast iron pan is filled, drizzle or brush with garlic oil and Parmesan cheese.
5) Place the baking dish into the oven.
6) In another pan, combine the tomato paste with the oregano, basil, sage, garlic powder, and onion powder.
7) Thin the sauce if you want using a bit of water, white wine, or hot pepper juice. This is optional, I think the thick sauce goes well.
8) When the dough is down baking and is nicely browned, remove from the oven and serve on a plate.
9) Pour the final dipping sauce into a bowl to go with the dippers!
Once you dip these bites and pop them into your mouth, you will swear that you are eating a fresh pizza right out of the oven!