I like making the same meal in different ways. Especially for things like casseroles, I feel like there really isn’t one correct way of assembling it. This time I decided to mix it up with homemade fettuccine noodles and lots of extra mushrooms!
RECIPE: Tuna Casserole, Take 2
Makes 6 Servings
Cast iron pans
Heat the oven to 350
3 cans of tuna
Homemade fettuccine Noodles
1) Chop up lots of mushrooms and thinly slice up an onion. Add them into a hot cast iron pan.
2) Start cooking the pasta in a separate pan.
3) Add evaporate milk, thyme, black pepper, sage, and dried mustard to the cooking mushrooms.
4) Chop up 3 to 4 cloves of garlic and add the diced garlic to the pan with a can of peas.
5) Stir all the pasta into the mixture.
6) Shred the cheddar cheese and spread it over the entire mixture.
7) Place the pan in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until the cheese melts or browns.
I liked this version quite a lot! With all the mushrooms and peas, it felt like a healthy casserole for dinner! My husband prefers to eat his with a helping of hot sauce on top, but I like it either way. This meal also reheats really well for lunches during the week.