Quesadillas are an interesting food. They can either be the easiest throw together dinner you can make (cheese quesadilla) or they can be complex with layers of flavor. This recipe takes a look at the more complex side of quesadillas!
RECIPE: Chicken Quesadilla
Makes 3 Servings
Cast iron pans
Skinless Boneless Chicken Thighs
Pepper Jack Cheese
1) On a plastic cutting board, chop up the chicken and toss it into a cast iron pan.
2) Chop an onion and add it to the chicken.
3) As the chicken is cooking, add in a can of diced tomatoes and let it all start stewing together.
4) Toss in some hot peppers for flavor and season with paprika, a dash of cayenne, and a heavy hand of cumin.
5) On a wooden cutting board, slice some pepper jack cheese.
6) In another hot cast iron pan, drop in a tortilla and then add in some of the stewed chicken. Top with cheese, green onion, and then another tortilla.
7) When one side is browned, flip and brown the other.
8) Repeat until all the filling is gone!