Burgers don’t have to be an unhealthy part of your diet! In fact, you can incorporate this cali burger into any meal plan (except vegetarian or vegan!) With a delicious vegetable rich topping to using butter lettuce instead of a bun, this burger is delicious and somewhat heart healthy!
RECIPE: Cali Burger
Makes 2 Servings
Hunk of Beef
Bibb or Butter Lettuce
1) Grind the meet twice to make sure its well ground and mixed. Season with a big of sage and thyme before forming into patties.
2) Dice the onion and garlic and drop it in the cast iron pan on medium low heat.
3) Slice the mushrooms and add them to the onion and garlic.
4) As the vegetables are cooking, season them with a sprinkle thyme and half a lemon’s worth of juice.
5) Grill the burger patties with just a sprinkle of salt and pepper on the outside of the patties.
6) Choose two large outer leaves of lettuce to use for the buns.
7) Place the patties on the lettuce and top with the lemony mushroom mixture.
The juicy mushrooms means this burger does not require any kind of sauce or cheese to complete its smooth flavor. In fact, this burger would probably be hurt by the addition of cheese because of the strength of its subtler natural flavors.