Summer days to me are picnic days. I love any excuse to spread a blanket out in the backyard and have a picnic in the sun. Though for any picnic to truly be complete, you need to have some potato salad. This is a family recipe and something I look forward to every year.
RECIPE: Picnic Potato Salad
Makes as Many Servings as Necessary
Hard Boiled Eggs
1) This recipe is easy to scale, simply pick as many potatoes as needed.
2) Chop the potatoes into small bite size pieces. Put them into a pot and cover with cold water.
3) Bring the water to a boil. Once it hits a rolling boil, the potato pieces should be done.
4) Chop up lots of carrots, celery, and scallions.
5) Drain the potatoes and drizzle them with Italian dressing.
6) Add the potatoes to a bowl and add the carrots, celery, and scallions.
7) Peal the eggs, and place the egg yolks in a separate bowl (Keeping one separate and whole)
8) Chop the egg whites and place them into the bowl.
9) With the egg yolks, add a scoop of mayo, and a squirt of mustard. Use a fork to break down the yolks and evenly mix the with the other ingredients.
10) Add the sauce mixture to the bowl.
11) Sprinkle with some celery seed before stirring everything gently together until evenly mixed.
12) Slice the last egg and place over the potato salad and sprinkle with paprika.