I made this recipe during right before Passover, but never posted it due to the distraction of lots of kittens. It was nice to have a homemade alternative to the usual boxed crackers. Nothing against commercial matzah, it has a ton of uses. I will actually have recipes in the next week highlighting that kind of matzah. I just liked being able to still bake during a holiday that is pretty unfriendly to bakers.
Makes 9 servings
Oven set to 450
1/4 cup Garlic Oil
1 cup Water
2 3/4 cup Flour
Heaping teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1) In a bowl, combine together the garlic oil, water, thyme, rosemary, black pepper and salt. Let the herbs sit and infuse for a bit.
2) Add the white and whole wheat flour into the oil mixture and stir until a rough dough is formed.
3) Remove the the mixture from the bowl to a floured surface.
4) Kneed the dough until it develops a nice gluten structure and then let it rest for about 45 minutes. During this time begin to heat the oven.
9) Divide the dough into equal parts, rolling each part out into either a round or oval or pretty much shape of your choice.
10) Bake each matzah in the oven for about 6 minutes, or until slightly browned.
11) Remove and let cool. Once cooled, you can store for many uses.