Sourdough bread from scratch can not be matched. Its just one of the best kinds of bread out there, and the flavor is unbeatable. However, when it reaches a certain temperature outside, there is no way I am turning on the oven for bread. That’s what is so great about bread makers! Even when its inhumanly hot outside, you can have fresh baked bread without the oven attributing to the terribly horrible heat. Guess who doesn’t like summer? Yup, but I still want warm bread!
RECIPE: Bread maker Sourdough
Makes 1 Loaf
10 oz Sourdough Starter
5 oz Warm Water
2 teaspoon Salt
4 Cups Flour
3 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Teaspoons Yeast
1) In a bread maker container, layer ingredients as listed above from sourdough starter on the bottom to the yeast on top. Leave the butter for a later step.
2) Place the container in the machine, and set for the basic bread setting.
3) Go read a book or watch the Great British Baking Show while wishing it wasn’t so hot out so you could try some of the recipes.
4) When the bread maker beeps, remove the loaf from pan and place on a cutting board.
5) Using a serrated knife, cut off a slice from the warm loaf of butter.
6) Liberally apply a butter knife worth of butter to the slice so that it melts in.
7) Eat slice while lounging on the couch and just enjoy that this is your life.