I apologize for the long absence! Between a house hold of kittens (who were all adopted!) and multiple work trips, I have been unable to cook or write posts! I hope to be back on schedule and fingers crossed will be able to post every night this week!
RECIPE: Spaghetti Dinner
Makes 5-6 Servings
Pots and Pans
Oven heated to 350
Serving Dishes and utensils
Flour or boxed pasta
1) Use your favorite recipe to make some homemade pasta or follow the directions on the box to cook the pasta as directed.
2) Chop up garlic and mix it with the beef in a bowl. Use your hands to mix in cinnamon, paprika, egg, and a heavy dose of wheat germ.
3) Once thoroughly mixed, form the mixture into little meat balls. Place them in a hot cast iron pan, searing each side before placing it into the heated oven.
4) Dice an onion and a few cloves of garlic and add them into a cast iron pan on the stove.
5) While they are cooking on low, add one can of tomato paste and two cans of diced tomatoes.
6) Season with basil, oregano, thyme, sage, and a bit of cayenne. Stir occasionally as it cooks.
7) Slice the bread into half size slices.
8) In a bowl, combine diced garlic and butter. Let it sit for a few minutes before slathering it on both sides of the bread and place on a baking sheet.
9) Shred the mozzarella cheese and place it in a serving bowl. Pour Parmesan cheese into another serving bowl.
10) Begin heating two pints or one quart of dilly beans in another pan.
11) Remove the meatballs from the oven and place the garlic bread in to bake. Move the meatballs over into the tomato sauce to stay warm and soak in some of the good Italian flavors.
12) Serve it all together and impress your guests!