So I am apologizing ahead of time that I may not be posting as regularly this week. My dog found us a whole litter of kittens! We now have five tiny little kittens that we are attempting to home before we turn them over to the animal shelter in our region. They are absolutely adorable and even more distracting that I ever thought possible.
But since you probably are waiting for a recipe, here is my chocolate chocolate cookie recipe. Its a chocolate cookie with extra chocolate chips thrown in. I used the last of my holiday chocolate chip stock up, which is why they are red and green!
RECIPE: Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie
Makes 4 Dozens
Oven heated to 300
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup white Sugar
1 Cup Shortening
2 tsp Vanilla
Bag of Chocolate Chips
1) Cream together the shortening and the sugars.
2) Beat in the vanilla and eggs.
3) Slowly add the flour, baking soda, and salt until a dough is formed.
4) Pour in all the chocolate chips and mix only until they are incorporated throughout!
5) Drop scoops of dough onto the baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes.
6) Remove the cookies from the sheets and let cool on the racks.
These cookies are good warm, cooled, and even in dough form. I must admit that I only baked three dozen, so that I had a bit of dough to snack on as well!