Back in the day, school lunches used to offer this super curly potato fries that were seasoned and sort of reddish in color. They were flavorful, and soft with just a hint of crispy outside. They were the sort of fries that you traded the lunch your mom backed for you in order to get your hands on them. They were absolutely delicious in that terrible school lunch sort of way.
Well, I had a craving for them. Luckily, potatoes have a lot of nutrients in them. Otherwise, I would feel bad for how often I eat them. Here is my curly fries, topped with a bit of cheese (because I am cheddar obsessed) and also because I couldn’t find the ketchup in the fridge.
RECIPE: Curly Fries!
Makes 2-3 Servings
Oven set to 400 Degrees
(Ignore the peppers and onions, I had changed my mind on those)
1) Use the spiralizer to spiralize up four smaller sized potatoes into a large baking dish.
2) In a small bowl, combine 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika, 3/4 teaspoon celery seed, 1/2 teaspoon of thyme, and a dash of salt. Stir and taste for balance.
3) Drizzle avocado oil over the fries, giving a slight toss to ensure coverage.
4) Sprinkle with the spice mix over everything.
5) Bake for 20 minutes, flips the curly fries, and bake for another 20 minutes.
6) Slice up a few thin slices of cheddar cheese to top the fries if you desire. I think I honestly may have a cheese addiction.
These fries were better than the memories! Absolutely delicious and I can’t wait to make them again!