I couldn’t decide if we wanted sloppy joes or meatball subs. So I figured we could combine the two into a somewhat Italian version of the sloppy joes. The best part of this recipe is that about 4 oz of ground beef makes a little over 2 sandwiches on jumbo buns!
RECIPE: Sloppy Tony
Makes 2.5 Servings
Cast iron pan
Oven set to 350 degrees
1) In a cast iron pan, begin browning up the ground beef.
2) Chop up the entire green pepper into somewhat small pieces, but not too small. Add it to the beef.
3) Pour the tomato sauce over the mixture, stir and cook through.
4) Slice the mozzarella cheese.
5) Lay the buns open on a baking sheet.
6) Let the buns cook in the oven just a bit to the point right before they are toasted.
7) Top the buns with the filling, and then a layer of mozzarella cheese.
8) Put the sandwiches in the oven until the cheese melts.