We finally did it! We brewed our own beer! Our first beer was a recipe kit for an Amber Ale. We made it, fermented it, bottled it, and finally can drink it!
When it came to deciding what snack to have with our first drink of our first brew, the answer was easy! Brownies!
These brownies are based on my basic brownie recipe. The variation is that instead of just a peanut butter swirl, we decided it need to have bigger peanut butter flavor. The result was Burst Brownies! Within each brownie, there is a burst of peanut butter or a burst of chocolate. A bold brownie that can stand up to a beer perfectly.
RECIPE: Burst Brownies
Makes 9 Servings
8 X 8 Dish
Oven heated to 375
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 t vanilla
1/2 t Salt
1/2 t Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
1) In a mixing bowl, stir together the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and vegetable oil.
2) Grease the glass baking dish with a bit of the vegetable oil.
3) Add the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt to the mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed, but don’t over mix.
4) Pour batter into greased pan.
5) On a small plate, place a scoop of peanut butter and a scoop of powdered sugar. Mix until all the powdered sugar is absorbed and the result isn’t sticky.
6) Unwrap hershey kisses and scatter in the batter.
7) Form the peanut butter mixture into balls. Drop evenly across the batter.
8)Bake 30-40 minutes, or until done.
Our beer has a strong nutty undertone, and my husband swears there is also a hint of caramel. Its a surprisingly good beer, especially for our first attempt! So cheers to an Amber Ale and Burst Brownies! and all the brews that are to come!