My husband liked these even better than the Cheerio Smore Treats . I’m mostly just having fun messing around with alternatives to rice crispy treats. These were so tasty, that my husband tried convincing me he could have the whole pan for dinner. I must be an awful wife, cause I made him eat an actual dinner instead!
RECIPE: Corn Flake Treats
Makes 8-16 Servings
Large Measuring Cup
1) In a large measuring cup, combine a large scoop of peanut butter, 2-3 handfuls of marshmallows, a splash of vanilla, and a scatter of Hershey kisses.
2) Microwave at 30 minute intervals until the marshmallows cook but don’t brown.
3) For a change in profile, I didn’t stir the microwaved ingredients first. I just straight added the corn flake cereal. This allowed for chunks of chocolate and clumps of marshmallow throughout that was amazing.
4) Stir in the corn flake cereal until everything is coated.
5) In a wax paper lined pie dish, press down the mixture and put in the fridge. It is not necessary to chill, but it makes it easier to slice.
This was surprising hard to photograph! As you can see there are smears of chocolate and chunks as well. The treats held together well, while still allowing you to taste each ingredient separately (except the vanilla).