This meal was a complete experiment, and I am very glad it came out as well as it did. The smoked turkey meat was a gift from a friend. This sandwich was a way to extend the delicious turkey into a very large and filling sandwiches!
RECIPE: Smoked Turkey Sandwich
Makes 2 Servings
Cast Iron Pan
Oven set to Broil
Loaf of Bread
Pepper Jack Cheese
1) Mince 3 garlic cloves and add to a cast iron pan.
2) Sprinkle balsamic vinegar over the garlic as it cooks.
3) Slice the loaf of bread in half and pull out the insides. Set the chunks aside in another bowl for later.
4) Set the bread under the broiler until it is golden brown.
5) Slice the pepper jack cheese, and let it melt into the bowled out part of the bread.
6) Add the diced tomatoes to the garlic, and season with basil.
7) Dice the turkey and stir it into the tomatoes. Let the mixture heat up.
8) Spoon the mixture over the melted cheese in the sandwich and top with another slice of bread.
9) Cut the sandwiches into the desired length and serve.