So I apologize for not having a final photo for this recipe. When you are making omelettes, it is better to not let them get cold before eating…plus the entire kitchen smelled wonderful and I couldn’t resist digging in! It does deserve a better cheese, but I am mostly trying to use up those american cheese slices.
RECIPE: Mushroom Omelettes
Makes 2 Omelettes
1) Dice an onion and begin cooking it in a bit of butter in your pan.
2) Slice the mushrooms and add them to the softened onions.
3) In a bowl, crack the eggs and add a dash of milk. Use a fork to whip it into a nice cohesive mixture. Season with a little bit of pepper.
4) Season the mushroom and onions with a bit of tarragon.
5) Move the mushroom mixture out of the pan, pour the eggs in and cover if possible. Let it cook without being disturbed.
6) Add the mushroom mixture over half the cooked egg mixture. Add the cheese and then fold it over. Let it cooked cover for a little bit longer to get the cheese melted, and then serve.