So after making the smoked BBQ chicken fries, we set our sights even higher. Why not make a smoked BBQ chicken pizza, deep dish style on the grill. This pizza is amazing! The new dough recipe is even better than my own one, and it makes enough for 4 pizzas, or two pizzas and a loaf of bread!
RECIPE: Smoked BBQ Chicken Pizza
Makes 2 Pizzas
.63 oz Olive Oil
1lb 12 oz Flour
.25 oz Sugar
1lb 1 oz Water
.75 oz Yeast
8 oz Mozzarella
1) In the mixer, combine the yeast, flour, sugar, and salt.
2) Beat in the olive oil and water until a dough is formed. Let rest for 2 hours at 75 degrees. (I warmed an oven until 80 degrees and then placed the dough in it to rise and rest).
3) Pull out 10- 12 ounces of dough and press into cast iron pans.
4) In a pan, begin heating BBQ sauce. If it’s a thin sauce, mix some cornstarch and water in a bowl. Stir it into a slurry and slowly add it to the warming BBQ sauce. Keep stirring and heating till a nice thick sauce is formed.
5) Slice the onion into thin long pieces, tear apart the chicken, and shred the mozzarella cheese
6) Slather the sauce with some sauce, top with cheese, chicken, onion, hot peppers, and basil. If you would like, sprinkle the crust with a little bit of garlic powder.
7) Bake on a hot grill (like 450 + degrees) until the crust is done and the cheese is all melted and good.