Now if you remember with the creme brulee recipe, you used a lot of egg yolks. This left you with a large amount of egg whites that were just all along. Well, when life hands you egg whites, you have to make meringue. If you want to top a pie, go right ahead. I prefer to make cookies!
RECIPE: Meringue Cookies
Makes Variable Servings
Lined Baking Sheet
Oven heated to 180-200
1) Measure how many ounces of egg whites you have.
2) In the mixer, beat together the egg whites and an equal weight of sugar.
3) Beat until the mixture can form peaks but isn’t dry.
4) If you want to top a pie, use as is. If you want a little more structure to it, gently fold in powdered sugar not surpassing the original amount of sugar.
5) Use the frosting tube or frosting bag (or a spoon), to place the mixture onto a lined baking sheet.
6) Bake for 1-3 hours depending on the size of your cookies.
7) Let cool and store in an air proof container.
This recipe filled up the entire tray, but I started experimenting after the first few with shapes. I just wanted to show you guys the nice looking ones!