I may be one of the few people who actually likes meatloaf. I used to use ground turkey and fresh greens to make a classic meatloaf. This recipe is a vegetarian spin on meatloaf. With carrots, onions, garlic, and lots of beans, this recipe is amazing. It even works well in cold meatloaf sandwiches!
RECIPE: Vegetarian Loaf
Makes 4 Loaves, each 2-3 servings
Oven heated to 375 degrees
Cast iron pan
4 Cloves Garlic
1) In the food processor, grind the carrot, onion, and garlic. Pour into a mixing bowl.
2) Process the pinto beans, and stir them into the vegetable mixture in the bowl.
3) Season with your favorite meatloaf flavors. I did a little parsley, chili powder, paprika, and a bit of black pepper. Fold in an egg and enough wheat germ to make it all stick together.
4) Form the mixture into loaves and place in a well seasoned cast iron pan or a greased baking dish. Drizzle some ketchup over the top before baking.
5) Bake for about 45 minutes or until a light crust form and it looks like a nicely baked meat loaf.
This vegetable loaf is good warm or reheats well for lunches. I liked using the last of the leftovers to make meatloaf sandwiches!