With it being Patriots verse Falcons, it was only appropriate to make a dessert that represented both these teams. These sugar cookies are overly sweet like most cookies, which is actually one of their selling points. My office devoured all of these cookies! I only baked 2/3 of the dough, so I still have a third in the freezer! So many cookies!
RECIPE: Super Bowl Sugar Cookies
Makes Many Cookies
Oven Heat to 375
10 oz Shortening
8 oz Sugar
4 oz Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
2 oz Milk
2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 lb 4 oz Flour
.625 oz Baking Powder
Extra flour and milk
1) In a mixer, beat together the shortening and the sugar until completely creamed together.
2) Beat in the eggs, milk, vanilla, and salt into the mixture.
3) Slowly beat in the flour and baking powder until a nice dough is formed.
4) Divide the dough into 3 pieces, wrap in wax paper, and chill in the fridge for 1 hour to overnight.
5) On a floured surface, roll out the dough and cut it into desired shapes.
6) Lay out cookies on the baking sheet, brush lightly with milk, and then sprinkle with colored sugar.
7) Bake for 8-10 minutes and then cool on racks.