Who likes tacos? Everyone, great. Now, who likes smoked meats? Everyone, just like I thought. So combining both into a smoked chicken taco means that everyone will be asking for seconds on dinner tonight.
RECIPE: Smoked Chicken Tacos
Makes 4 Servings
Cast iron pan
Pepper Jack Cheese
1) On a low heat grill, light the smoking tube and cook as four bone in split chicken breasts. You only need one for this dinner, but if you are going to smoke, might as well make the most of it.
2) In a bowl, stir together yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, a small amount of paprika and a lot of parsley. Now you have homemade ranch to put on the tacos!
3) When the chicken is done, shred it.
4) Slice some cheese, and rip up a few lettuce leaves.
5) Warm a tortilla in the cast iron pan. Layer on a few pieces of cheese so they begin to melt. Top with shredded chicken, then salsa and ranch. Add a few hot peppers, and then some lettuce.
6) Serve it right away!
The best thing about this recipe is that there is much you can do with the leftover smoked chicken!