Let’s be honest. There are days where every thing you know about nutrition and healthy eating gets thrown out the window. You say a few choice words, and then you march into the kitchen and make a big batch of garbage brownies. You add in everything that you can think of, and then if you are feeling really bad, you just layer some frosting on top! This recipe is different from my regular brownie recipe. I made it more cake like to accommodate all the extra toppings and fillings.
RECIPE: Garbage Brownies
Makes 9 Servings or 1 depending on your mood
8 X 8 Dish
375 Degree Oven
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
Pinch of Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Flour
1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
Splash of Vanilla
1) In a mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
2) Add the flour, coco powder, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Stir until all combined.
3) Pour the batter into a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
4) Sprinkle batter with 3-4 handfuls of chocolate chips. Spread a decent amount of marshmallows over everything. Take spoon fulls of peanut butter and fling it onto the batter in a careless manner.
5) Bake for 25-35 minutes.
6) Let cool and slice, or just scoop it out hot with a spoon, because that’s just how the day is going.
7) If desired, you can frost the sliced brownies as well. I preferred to crumble the leftover brownie into a mug the next day, add milk, and eat it like cereal. This is not part of a healthy breakfast.
I totally ate this for dinner… don’t judge.