So butter fingers and mounds bars are the only two kinds of chocolate bars on which I will spend my own money. They are tasty. So when I kept hearing about using candy corn to make your own butter finger like candy, I had to give it a try. When it lacks some of that flaky crunchy layer that is iconic of a butter finger, it really isn’t bad at all. These tasty candy bars disappeared quickly in our house!
Butter Finger Candy
Makes Many Servings
Microwave Safe Bowls
Silicon Sheet or wax paper
1 Cup Peanut Butter
3 Cups Candy Corn
1 T Vanilla
1) In a microwave safe bowl, stir together the peanut butter, vanilla, and candy corn.
2) Microwave the bowl at 1 minute intervals, stirring constantly until it is all melted together.
3) Lay silicon or wax paper on the baking sheet, spread out the mixture. Let chill in the fridge until solid.
4) Unwrap the Hershey kisses, and put them into a microwaveable safe bowl. Microwave them at thirty second intervals while stirring them. Or you can melt them in a double boiler, but when you are lazy, microwaving works just fine.
5) Remove the butter finger insides from the fridge and slice into bars.
6) Either coat the bars in the melted chocolate or drizzle it. My husband likes the full coverage of chocolate, while I prefer the hint of chocolate.
Honestly, these made me want to make my adopted Grandma’s peanut butter fudge (cause hers is so much better). However, for a quick fun snack this recipe is perfect.