Do you love potatoes? I love potatoes! They are so versatile and delicious. You can add absolutely anything to them. These are loaded baked potatoes that are vegetarian friendly and go well with a beer or a nice glass of kool aid. They are great for dinner, lunch, or even appetizers in smaller portions!
Loaded Baked Potatoes
Makes 2 Servings
Oven heated to 400 degrees
Pepper Jack Cheese
1) Prick 2 to 3 holes in each potato before baking for an hour in a heated oven.
2) Wait 45 minutes, and then begin working on the toppings.
3) Add a half cup of pinto beans to a warm cast iron pan.
4) Add 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste to the beans and season with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, and oregano. Add a tiny bit of water if needed to thin the tomato paste and make it easier to coat and season the beans. Cook over medium low heat.
5) Chop the onion. You can cook the onion or leave it raw depending on your preference. I like the crunch of raw onion, but cooked onion isn’t bad either.
6) Chop pepper jack cheese into little pieces.
7) Slice potatoes half way and then pinch them open. Use a fork to fluff the insides.
8) Layer it as beans, cheese, onions, and then peppers. Pour yourself a drink and enjoy!
My husband loved this dinner because it was beyond filling, and reasonably low calorie. After the holidays, its good to feel like you are eating a little bit better.