So this was actually breakfast for lunch, because I don’t actually cook breakfast on the weekends anymore. My husband has taken over the kitchen, so to make breakfast foods, I have to serve them later in the day! This lunch was extremely filling and probably as fancy as any brunch restaurant.
Makes 2-3 Servings
Oven set to broil or toaster
Half a Stick of Butter
3 Egg Yolks
2 Everything Bagels
The yogurt and strawberry syrup was for strawberry yogurt as a side dish
1) In the small pan over low, melt the half a stick of butter.
2) In the bowl, fork together the egg yolks until slightly larger in volume.
3) Add a splash of lemon juice to the egg yolks.
4) Slice the bagels and either toast or broil. When toasted, smear with a little bit of butter and sprinkle with parsley.
5) In a cast iron pan, begin heating the ham until it starts to brown very slightly.
6) Slowly stir the melted butter into the egg yolks, and then pour the whole mixture into the small pan to stay warm over low heat. Add some cayenne pepper.
7) When the ham is done, layer it on to the bagels. Scramble two eggs and pour into the pan.
8) Layer the hollandaise sauce over the ham, and then the scrambled eggs on top.