Louis loves Christmas. He has his own stocking, his own holiday sweaters, and his own presents under the tree. His excitement level around the holidays goes through the roof! I’ve never seen a puppy go hunting for Christmas presents to the point I had to hide them behind a locked door. To include him in the rest of the holiday fun, I make him these dog biscuits!
Simple Dog Biscuits
Makes Many Servings
Kitchen Aid Mixer
Oven Heated to 350 Degrees
1 1/8 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/8 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Water
2 T Veggie Oil
3 Egg Yolks
1) In a the mixer, beat together the flours, peanut butter, oil, and water.
2) Roll out the dough using whole wheat flour to prevent sticking.
3) Cut out lots of fun shapes in a variety of sizes. My favorites are squirrels, fire hydrants, dog bones, and dog houses.
4) To glaze or paint the biscuits, mix each egg yolk in a small bowl with a few drops of food coloring. Then paint the biscuits.
5) Bake the biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet for 30 minutes, or until they are no longer soft to the touch.
6) Let the biscuits cool completely before putting them away in an air tight container.
I decided to do the big biscuits plain and the little ones glazed. You can see them on the cooling rack next to the other holiday cookies!