I am so sorry to have deserted you for so long. Life got hectic, but I am back in a new house, with my new husband (love saying that!), and even more great recipes! I hope to be posting pretty regularly for here on out, so be sure to check back regularly.
To announce my comeback, I have the best Thanksgiving Recipe ever to share. As you may remember, my husband and I enjoy making burgers. Over Thanksgiving weekend, we were doing a lot of unpacking and the idea of a full feast sounded so…wrong. Instead, we broke in our new grill with turkey burgers! If you want all of Thanksgiving in a single bite, you will need to make these.
RECIPE: Gobble It All Up Burger
Makes 3 Servings
Cast Iron Pans
Round Cookie Cutter
Ground Turkey Breast
Gravy Packet and CornBread Mix
(we were moving, hence the mixes above)
1) Follow the directions on the cornbread mix box. Add a healthy dose of canned peppers to the mix before baking.
2) While the corn bread cools, begin mixing turkey gravy packet.
3) Using the meat grinder, regrind the turkey breast and add in a handful or so of cranberries, a heavy dash of rosemary, zest of a lemon, and a bit of thyme.
4) Form the ground turkey into patties and put them in the freezer to set for a bit.
5) Grill the turkey burger patties and warm the dilly beans.
6) Using the round cookie cutter to cut out buns from the cooled jalapeno cornbread.
7) Assemble as bun, patty, gravy, dilly beans, fried onions, and top bun.
8) Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.