We had another get together with neighbors and I decided to bring a pie! The dough is the extra I froze from the Sweet Potato Pie recipe, and it thawed out beautifully. I only wish the leaf cut outs on the top crust came out better than they did!
RECIPE: Apple Walnut Pie
Makes 8 Servings
Oven heated to 375 degrees
1) Slice apples and put in a pot with a half teaspoon of ginger, cloves, and allspice. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon.
2) Stir and let cook until the apples are soft and a puddle of juice is on the bottom. Add chopped walnuts.
3) Roll out the pie dough and cover the bottom of the pie dish.
4) Fill the pie crust with the cooked apples and chopped walnuts. In the pot of juices, stir in a little bit of cornstarch and let it thicken. Pour over the apples.
5) Roll out more dough for a top crust.
6) Bake for 30 minutes or so until the pie dough becomes brown and beautiful. If you want to add another layer, sprinkle with a bit of sugar 5-10 minutes before you remove the pie from the oven.