Experimenting with breakfast foods is always fun. I decided to try to combine two of my favorite breakfast items, bananas and cream of wheat (enriched farina). The result was a chewy filling muffin that gives you the jump start you need in the morning.
RECIPE: Banana Farina Muffin
Makes 12 Servings
Oven heated to 350 degrees
4 Very Ripe Bananas
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Enriched Farina/Cream of Wheat
1 Cup Skim Milk
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1) In a kitchen aid mixer, beat together the bananas, the sugar, and the eggs.
2) Add the enriched farina, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon to the batter.
3) Pour in milk until a thick batter consistency is formed.
4) I put two scoops of batter per muffin cup.
5) Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
These are a great on the go breakfast that gives you iron, potassium, and lots of other necessary nutrients!