When I was a kid, I used to love the Parmesan pasta salads that came in a box. I found it again at a store, and purchased in on a whim. I thought I could enjoy it when I was feeling a bit nostalgic. Unfortunately, it did not live up to memories. It was overly salty and killed any desire for more. But what would I do with the extra box left? Well, I decided to remake it, but skip the seasoning packet.
RECIPE: Remade Pasta Salad
Makes 2-3 Servings
Pasta and veggie portion of box mix
1) Place the dry portion of the box mix into a pot and cook as directed. Toss away the seasoning mix.
2) In a bowl, mix together tomato juice, mayo, paprika, parsley, and chili powder.
3) Chop up four to five radishes, and add to the bowl.
4) Drain the pasta and stir in the sauce.
5) Serve with a bit of Parmesan cheese on top.